More than 100 Sears and Kmart stores are in their final days.
The going-out-of-business liquidation sales at 51 Sears and 45 Kmart stores – first announced in November by parent company Transformco – are expected to wrap up by mid-February, company spokesman Larry Costello confirmed to USA TODAY Friday.
The closures represent more than one-third of its remaining large-format stores and the liquidation started Dec. 2. Additional stores also are closing, according to local media reports.
Transformco, which acquired Sears and Kmart out of bankruptcy in February 2019, said in a November statement that after the closings, it will operate 182 stores.
“We will continue to evaluate our Sears and Kmart footprint, consistent with our overall retail and service strategy,” the statement said.
Is your Bed Bath & Beyond store closing? See the full list of the 40 stores shuttering in 2020
Macy’s store closings:Macy’s to close 125 stores over next 3 years and slashing 2,000 jobs
Sears and Kmart have closed more than 3,500 stores and cut about 250,000 jobs in the past 15 years.
The closings do not affect the company’s Sears Hometown stores, which specialize in home appliances, equipment and tools.
So far this year, Macy’s announced it is closing 28 stores and a Bloomingdale’s, J.C. Penney is closing six stores and a call center, while Express closed 31 stores this month. Home goods retailer Pier 1 Imports plans to close up to 450 locations, nearly half of its 942 stores.
Some stores will close before mid-February with several closings set for Feb. 2, according to local media reports. Check with your closest location for more details.
- North Little Rock Sears: 3930 McCain Blvd.
- Prescott Sears: 3400 Gateway Blvd.
- Buena Park Sears: 8150 La Palma Ave.
- Chula Vista Sears: 565 Broadway
- Fresno Sears: 3636 N Blackstone Ave.
- Los Angeles Sears: 3755 Santa Rosalia Drive
- Montclair Sears: 5080 Montclair Plz Lane
- Moreno Valley Sears: 22550 Town Circle
- North Hollywood Sears: 12121 Victory Blvd.
- Palm Desert Sears: 72-880 Hwy 111
- Riverside Sears: 5261 Arlington Ave.
- San Bernadino Sears: 100 Inland Ctr
- San Bruno Sears: 1178 El Camino Real
- San Jose Sears: 2180 Tully Road
- Santa Maria Sears: 200 Town Ctr E
- Temecula Sears: 40710 Winchester Road
- Tracy Sears: 3350 Naglee Road
- Ventura Sears: 3295 E Main St.
- Victorville Sears: 14420 Bear Valley Road
- Visalia Sears: 3501 S Mooney Blvd.
- West Covina Sears: 1209 Plaza Drive
- Fort Myers Sears: 4125 Cleveland Ave.
- Hialeah Sears: 1625 W 49th St.
- Miami Sears: 20701 SW 112th Ave.
- Douglasville Sears: 6580 Douglas Blvd.
- Peoria Sears: 2200 W War Memorial Drive
- West Dundee Sears: 5000 Spring Hill Mall
- Cumberland Sears: 1262 Vocke Road
- Auburn Sears: 385 Southbridge St.
- Leominster Sears: 100 Commercial Road
Store closings pile up:With 1,200 closures already announced, retailers face another grim year
- Lansing Sears: 3131 E Michigan Ave.
- Joplin Sears: 101 N Rangeline Road
- Las Vegas Sears: 4000 Meadow Lane
- Nashua Sears: 310 Daniel Webster Highway
- Concord Sears: 270 Loudon Road
- Farmington Sears: 4601 E Main St.
- Buffalo Sears: S 3701 McKinley Parkway
- Greenville Sears: 3600 South Memorial Drive
- Whitehall Sears: 1259 Whitehall Mall
- North Wales Sears: 600 Montgomery Mall
- FajaRoado Sears: State Road 3
- Guayama Sears: Gpo Box 1050
- Ponce Sears: Pob 7426 Sears Plaza Del Caribe 2050 Road 2 Ponce By Pass Ste 135
- San Antonio Sears: 2310 SW Military Drive
- South Burlington Sears: 155 Dorset St.
- Richmond Sears: 11500 Midlothian Turnpike
- Manassas Sears: 8200 Sudley Road
- Fredericksburg Sears: 100 Spotsylvania Mall
- Winchester Sears: 1850 Apple Blossom Drive
- Spokane Sears: 14720 E Indiana Ave.
- Lacey Sears: 651 Sleater Kinney Road SE
- Lake Havasu City Kmart: 1870 McCulloch Blvd.
- Atascadero Kmart: 3980 El Camino Real
- Bishop Kmart: 1200 N Main St.
- Chico Kmart: 2155 Pillsbury Road
- Concord Kmart: 5100 Clayton Road
- Hollister Kmart: 491 Tres Pinos Road
- Petaluma Kmart: 261 N Mc Dowell Blvd.
- Riverside Kmart: 7840 Limonite Ave.
- Santa Paula Kmart: 895 Faulkner Road
- Scotts Valley Kmart: 270 Mt Hermon Road
- Rehoboth Beach Kmart: 19563 Coastal Highway
- Bradenton Kmart: 7350 Manatee Ave. West
- Hollywood Kmart: 3800 Oakwood Blvd.
- Lantana Kmart: 1201 S Dixie Highway
- Algona Kmart: 1501 Hwy 169 N
- Charles City Kmart: 1405 S Grand
- Frederick Kmart: 1003 W Patrick St.
- Hagerstown Kmart: 1713 Massey Blvd.
- Hyattsville Kmart: 6411 Riggs Road
- Acton Kmart: 252 Main St.
- Billerica Kmart: 484 Boston Road
- Waterford Kmart: 5100 Dixie Highway
- Hooksett Kmart: 1267 Hooksett Road
- Salem Kmart: 161 S Broadway
- West Orange Kmart: 235 Prospect Ave
- Bohemia Kmart: 5151 Sunrise Highway
- Sidney Kmart: 171 Delaware Ave.
- Bismarck Kmart: 2625 State St.
- Marietta Kmart: 502 Pike St.
- North Canton Kmart: 1447 N Main St.
- Tallmadge Kmart: 555 South Ave.
- The Dalles Kmart: 2640 West 6th St.
- Berwick Kmart: 1520 W Front St.
- Ephrata Kmart: 1127 S State St.
- Lebanon Kmart: 1745 Quentin
- Wilkes Barre Kmart: 910 Wilkes Barre Twp Blvd.
- Williamsport Kmart: 1915 E Third St.
- Arecibo Kmart: 1400 Ave. Miramar
- Bayamon Kmart: Plaza Rio Hondo
- FajaRoado Kmart: Eastern Shopping Ctr S.R. 3
- Juana Diaz Kmart: Road #149 And #584 Plaza Juana Diaz
- Vega Alta Kmart: Centro Gran Caribe Road #2 Plaza Caribe Mall
- Kenosha Kmart: 4100 52nd St.
- Charleston Kmart: 6531 MacCorkle Ave. SE
- Jackson Kmart: 510 US Highway 89
Additional Kmart and Sears closings
While not on an official list posted by Transformco, the following stores also are closing, according to local media reports.
- Glendale Sears: 236 N Central Ave. The store is expected to close by mid-March.
- Wind Gap Kmart: 801 Male Road. The store is expected to close in March.
Know of a store not on this list that is closing? Fill out the Google Form below to share details.
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko